Optional: Pick up by private van from any of Chiang Mai's major points of interests (bus terminal, airport, hotel). Please contact us for special arrangements.Arrive at Hua Tung Village with warm greetings from the village headman and the village's leaders in community based tourism. Get together for a small icebreaker to better understand Hua Tung Village and its people.
Baan Hua Tung is a small community located at the foot of Doi Luang Chiang Dao and about 85 kilometers from Chiang Mai city. With a unique environment of alpine forest, it is a habitat for many indigenous species that are not found elsewhere. With a current population of around 450 in 150 houses, Baan Hua Tung is a small friendly hamlet where everyone contributes to conserving the natural biodiversity of the area. Their forest is protected by the rules of the community and by the significant traditional ritual of "forest ordination."
- Four Northern style meals and drinks
- Cozy homestay accommodation arranged by our local host
- Basic activity and workshop fees (access to local onsen ,temples and workshops)
- Accidental insurance coverage by Bangkok Insurance
- Local community tour guide
- Trek in the "community forest" and learn how locals join forces in their conservation efforts
- Bathe in the natural hot spring at the neighbor village
- Get creative and learn the local craft of bamboo weaving
- Enjoy a well-deserved Thai traditional massage at your homestay
- Learn Thai cooking and teach locals how you make dishes from your own local cuisine
- Speak with local leaders and youth groups for an engaging cultural exchange session