Local Alike staff will be waiting at Exit 1 of Saphan Taksin BTS Station. Look for our Trip Explorers in our signature salmon colored tee.We hop off the Chaophraya boat and start exploring Old Town Bangkok where a cute flower market awaits with bustling passerbys, aunties selling goods, and local children! It's a refreshing way to start the morning with so much energy.We arrive at Ban Bat and you may immediately feel as if time slowed down a little because of the presence of old stalls decorated by vintage signage and the obvious lack of modern shops. King Rama I established a series of villages to produce this craft in the 18th century. And Ban Bat is the last remaining community that still produces the delicate monk bowls essential to monk's daily alms ceremony.
Explore a part of Bangkok where time slows down just enough for you to catch a glimpse of its charismatic past.
This one day tour takes you to the Ban Bat and Kudeejeen communities, both just 30 minutes away from the city center. Ban Bat (Monk Bowl's Village) is the last remaining community that still produces the revered Buddhist alm bowls. We'll be led by our local partner into the sockets of the community where men and women still tirelessly hand forge and hammer out these traditional and religious bowls that symbolize generosity. You will learn the significance of this lost art in its relation to Thai's religion only from here.
Note: The guideline itinerary can be subject to change due to weather, accessibility, local happenings, traveler fitness and/or other unpredictability.
- Yummy lunch box by local partners
- Refreshing drinks and snacks
- Activities as listed in itinerary
- Community leaders as our guides
- Transfer from listed pick up and drop off point
- Local transportation including Chaophraya River boat, Tuk-Tuk, and long-tailed boat
- Translation staff from Local Alike
- Travel insurance by Bangkok Insurance with coverage up to 500,000 THB
- Take a boat ride on Chaopraya River and stop by a flower market
- Arrive at Ban Bat, the Monk Bowl's Village
- Take a local Tuk Tuk across Rama VII bridge to Kudeejeen
- Have lunch with some nostalgic menu items
- Make Thai dessert
- Embark on guided tour of Kudeejeen community
- Conclude with boat ride on river to see other Bangkok neighborhoods