Hmong Experience (2D1N)
About the trip
- Learn about the livelihoods and activity of people living near the Mekong River
- Visit the Shaman's house of the Hmong
- Lunch on the charming terrace at the lodge with the view of Mekong River and Laos
- Experience on how to make Hmong batik handkerchief
- Arrive at Lanjia Lodge. Herbal local juice will be served during the check-in.
- Then, watch aVDO presentation about the Hmong and Lahu tribes, the Golden triangle area and the giant catfish (locally known as Pla Buek) – the world’s biggest fresh water fish found in the Mekong River.
- Learn about activities that affect the Mekong River and people whose lives depend on the river.
- Tour the Hmong and Lahu hill tribe village, including a visit at the shaman’s house of the Hmong. Drink tea with the shaman and discover why the fireplace is important to the Hmongs and why they bury the placenta and umbilical cord of their newborn babies.
- Lunch will be provided on the charming terrace at the lodge that looks to the Mekong River and Laos.
- Get firsthand experience on how to make Hmong batik handkerchief with Hmong ladies (about 45 minutes).
- Dinner and watch traditional Hmong performances
- Overnight at Lanjia Lodge
- After breakfast
- End of the trip
- Assistance of English-speaking Lanjia escort during the trip
- Accommodation in a non air-conditioned room with a view of Laos and the Mekong River. The twin bedded room is equipped with an electric fan and a private bathroom
- Power Point Presentation about Hmong & Lahu Tribe, Golden Triangle, Pla Buek (Giant Catfish) in Mekong River
- Activities: Visit the village and a shaman’s house, learn how to make Hmong Batik (Alternative: Learn how to make and set animal traps)
- Traditional Hmong and Lahu performances
- Meal as specified
- Child 2-12 years sharing the same room with 2 adults with an extra mattress: charge 75% of the adult rate
- We reserves the right to revise the tariffs depending on the evolution of the fuel price