Set at the confluence of the Can Tho and Hau river, and crisscrossed by tributaries, canals and waterways feeding life into the region like veins, Can Tho is the political, economic, cultural and transportation centre of the Mekong Delta. Thanks to its tremendously fertile soil, Can Tho is one of the largest agricultural producers in the Delta, often referred to as Vietnam’s rice basket, and has a poetic beauty with well-off villages nestled under shade of coconut trees.
Floating markets may easily be the best attraction in Can Tho, since it is a full display of vivid local life on water. Cai Rang and Phong Dien Floating Markets are two of the major markets, not only in Can Tho but also in the Mekong Delta.
This half day tour will be an ideal option for those who have a limited time but still wish to have a real experience on the floating market and the landscape and rich culture of the Mekong Delta. You will have a chance to visit two different markets and understand their history from 40 to 50 years ago.
- Local English speaking guide
- Transportation during the trip (motorbike)
- Activities and entrance fees
- Mineral water and snacks
- Fruits for refreshment
- Experience the tremendously lush beauty of the Greater Mekong
- Experience local life by comparing between Phong Dien floating market and inland market
- Enjoy fresh fruits and have a panorama rice field surrounding rural village
- Visit a local kindergarten