Golden triangle experience (3D2N)
About the trip
- Board a long-tail boat for a cruise on the Mekong river
- Visit Golden Triangle
- Watch traditional Hmong performances
- Travel to Thailand-Burma border at Mae Sai District
- Visit Wat Prathat Doi Tung around Baan Pha Mee community
- Learn about the Hmong and Lahu tribes, the Golden triangle area and the giant catfish
Arrive at Lanjia Lodge. Herbal juice will be served while you are checking in at the lodge. Then, watch a presentation about the Hmong and Lahu tribes, the Golden triangle area and the giant catfish (locally known as Pla Buek) – the world’s biggest fresh water fish found in the Mekong River.
Learn about activities that affect the Mekong River and people whose lives depend on the river.
Dinner and watch traditional Hmong performances.
Overnight at Lanjia Lodge
After breakfast, depart for the Thailand-Burma border at Mae Sai District (on your own expense, you can cross the border to Burma to visit Takhilek Market). Then drive along the border via Baan Pha Mee to visit Wat Prathat Doi Tung, Doi Chang Mub arboretum garden and Doi Tung Palace.
Lunch served at a local restaurant. In the afternoon, drive to the Golden Triangle to visit the Hall of Opium. Board a long-tail boat for a cruise on the Mekong River down to a fisherman village of Baan Had Bai. Then return to the lodge.
Dinner and overnight at Lanjia lodge.
After breakfast, relax at your leisure until the check-out time.
- Meals as mention on itinerary
- Overnight at Lisu Lodge
- English speaking guide
- Travel insurance
- 7% VAT
- On your own expense, you can cross the border to Burma to visit Takhilek Market