When you think of Vietnam what first comes to mind? A big bowl of pho? Ladies in graceful Ao Dai? The nation's history of war and conflict? Although these remain quintessential components of Vietnamese culture, the turn of the century has brought about significant changes to Vietnamese daily life.
This tour of Ky Anh and Tam Thanh offers an insightful experience of Vietnam's rural communities in modern days and how they have transitioned from the past. In Ky Anh, listen to artisans' stories of a traditional handicraft and try to make this craft yourself. After a quick visit to Ky Anh Tunnels which were dug by skillful hands during the Vietnam/American War, Tam Thanh will bright up you sight with stunning hand-painted murals. You will see how art is integrated into life in this small fishing village.
- Transportation fee from Da Nang/Hoi An and back
- Breakfast, lunch, water & snacks during the trip
- Local community guide at Thach Tan village
- English speaking facilitator
- Meeting with artisans to learn about the sedge weaving handicraft and try it yourself
- Quick introduction on Thach Tan community and its history
- Quick visit to Ky Anh tunnels to learn more about the village's fluctuations
- Visit to beautiful Tam Thanh mural village
- Meet handcraft artisans and learn traditional handicraft and how this craft is has been adapted to the modern days.
- Enter the 'war room' and crawl through the narrow passages of the tunnels.
- Join a local family for lunch and learn their traditional way of life.
- Visit the mural village of Tam Thanh with beautiful murals and installation art.
- Enjoy a boat ride.