Intact ecosystems are vital for any beings. Son Tra Nature Reserve is a natural oxygen manufacturer and clean water resources for Danang and a privilege. Not many urban cities have this luxury. Three sides of the Reserve are bordering the sea while and the 4th side is offering spectacular views of Danang. Son Tra Nature Reserve is the ultimate definition of harmony between man and nature.
Being the only remaining coastal rainforest in Vietnam, Son Tra is the most viable stronghold for the endemic red-shanked douc langur , a species that could face extinction in the near future without proper conservation efforts.In a world where adequate appreciation towards the natural environment is decreasing, Son Tra’s educational values for the community become more evident than ever.
This program is organized and guided by knowledgeable experts in the field and will open up an opportunity for visitors to discover wildlife in Son Tra and its values with a focus on the red-shanked douc langurs conservation.
• Disclaimer: for bookings of 1-2 persons, transportation will be by motorbike. You will be sitting at the back of the expert's motorbike, which is actually the best way to enjoy view of Son Tra. For bookings of 3 people and more, transportation will be by car.
- Transportation from Green Viet to observatory points
- Binocular and Telescope (returned to experts after trip)
- English-speaking expert escorting guests
- Drinking water during trip
- See and count members of macaques and douc langurs family and many other wildlife
- Learn about langurs’ feeding behavior through observing leaf, seed and even ...feces along the street
- Participants will visit the natural habitat of Son Tra’s wild animals
- Learn what makes Son Tra a unique habitat and how it support species like the douc langurs
- A common understanding of the current situation and a self-drawn conclusion of what should be done to protect the nature