Bangkok Old Quarter Walks
About the trip
- Visit Golden Mount. You must conquer an exhausting 318 steps, but the views are worth it!
- Visit Baan Bat or Monk’s Bowl Village. Learn about traditional bowl crafting technique
- See the Giant Swing
- Explore Buddha Street
- Stop for local Thai refreshments
you will meet your guide at the Bangkok Art and Culture Centre (BACC). Then you will take a public boat to Wat Saket, popularly known as the Golden Mount. Here you will see a Buddha relic, a 58-meter Chedi house, which welcomes worshippers all year round to see the birds-eye view of Bangkok.
Then you will continue to walk to Baan Bat or Monk's Bowl Village, the small village with an age-old tradition of crafting bowls from raw steel using only their hands and a hammer. Nowadays less than five households continue to make a living selling their craft.
Then we will walk to the Buddha Street, in the center of the old town. Here you can explore the shops and find all sorts of curious things.
The last stop will be at a local café where you can have some coffee, tea, and a snack before returning to the meeting point by the local public boat around noon.
- Public Transport Fee
- Drinking water and cold towel
- Entrance fee and activity as mentioned
- English Speaking Guide
- Travel Insurance