Get yourself ready and Thai Akha staff will pick you up at the meeting point around 8.30 a.m. to 9.00 a.m. Then it’s time to explore the local market and hunt ingredients! After you have all ingredients, we will head back to the kitchen and start exciting cooking class. All students who attend the cooking class will have an opportunity to make Two Appetizer: - Papaya Salad (Som Tum) - Fried Spring Roll Two Desserts: - Mango with sticky rice - Pumpkin in coconut milk Three Akha food: - Akha Sapi Thong – tomato dipping sauce - Akha Soup - Akha Salad Four Thai Food: - Curry Paste - Curry - Thai Soup - Stir Fried Don't worry at Thai Akha kitchen we never let you feel hungry, delicious snack break and fresh locally grown coffee will be available for you every 40 minutes. Some of the snack break will be an amazing appetizer that you made.
Thai Akha cooking school is the first and only cooking school in Thailand that offers you a chance to learn how to cook Thai Akha Hill Tribe food. It is the outdoor set up kitchen with mix of Thai- Akha culture atmosphere.
The cooking program begin with taking you to the local market where you can explore and search for your dishes’ ingredients. During the cooking class, you can learn how to cook traditional Thai and Akha dishes from scratch along with learning wonderful different culture.
We recommend you to come with the empty stomach because you will enjoy eating your own dishes. Also you will have a snack break and fresh local grown coffee during the class.
At the end of the class you will receive a cooking gift set that will help you make an amazing Thai food at home.
February 15, 2018 · Taiwan
- Local market tour where people in the community shop for their fresh products
- Transportation from/ to your place of stay. (within 3 k.m. Radius from Chiang Mai Old city gates)
- Individual cooking station
- Full color cook book that will help you make you favorite Thai dishes at home
- Free Akha Hill Tribe coffee
- Learn to prepare Thai and Akha cuisine during a cooking class in Chiang Mai.
- Visit a local market to observe a slice of daily life and shop for ingredients (morning session only).
- Prepare 11 different dishes, including a combination of soups, desserts, appetizers and entrees.
- Discover new details about Akha culture, food and cooking ingredients.
- Sit down for a meal featuring your freshly-made creations.
- Souvenir cookbook included.
- Great introduction to Northern Thailand’s unique cuisines and cultures.