A day as an Akha Chef, Chiang Mai (1D)
About the trip
- Learn to prepare Thai and Akha cuisine during a cooking class in Chiang Mai.
- Visit a local market to observe a slice of daily life and shop for ingredients (morning session only).
- Prepare 11 different dishes, including a combination of soups, desserts, appetizers and entrees.
- Discover new details about Akha culture, food and cooking ingredients.
- Sit down for a meal featuring your freshly-made creations.
- Souvenir cookbook included.
- Great introduction to Northern Thailand’s unique cuisines and cultures.
- Local market tour where people in the community shop for their fresh products
- Transportation from/ to your place of stay. (within 3 k.m. Radius from Chiang Mai Old city gates)
- Individual cooking station
- Full color cook book that will help you make you favorite Thai dishes at home
- Free Akha Hill Tribe coffee
February 2020 · France
What a wonderful evening in this Akha Thai cooking school! learned so much and absolutely had the most positive experience. Hygiene was perfect, guidance was great too, and the food was so so yummie!!
June 2019 · United Kingdom
The best cooking class I ever had.
February 2019 · France
Learning and Cooking !
Intensive cooking class, and very fun with other people !
February 2018 · Taiwan