a day as a Seaside Villager, Baan Laem, Nakhon Si Thammarat (1D)
Headman of Baanlaem Homestay
We have nothing special besides happiness and warm heart from the local people, welcome you all come to visit here.
About the trip
- Enjoy a delicious breakfast in the middle of the ocean like a fisherman while watching flock of birds
- Get fresh mud spa coming from locally
- Design your own visiting to one of the local communities wisdom (Choosing from demonstration of weaving from natural materials, learning how to make Thai southern chilli paste, visiting the community of bird cage maker and mini boats maker, learning how to preserve seafood for example dry fish, visiting coastal marine nursery, or visiting house of swallow bird nest)
- Enjoy your delicious local seafood prepared by local chef
- Learn the simplicity but unique of local lifestyle
- Be a part of Ban Laem mangrove conservationist by building houses for crabs and fishes
- Experience fisherman life with a local fisherman
- Help local people conserve mangrove forest by planting
- Note** Please wear comfortable cloth. Get ready to have fun with swimming and doing mud spa
5:30 am. A Local guide and fisherman will wait for you at Banlaem Homestay mangrove forest conservation. Receive warm welcome by fisherman-turn-local guide. Hop on the boat, sail the sea, and observe fisherman lifestyle.
6:00 am. Enjoy watching a spectacular sunrise while sipping cup of coffee and breakfast on board with local cuisine. Then, relaxyourself with the open air mud bath spa and travel through the mangrove forest to see the fertile ecosystem, then grab the opportunity to grow mangrove tree.
10:00 am. Sail back to the shore, clean up yourself, and enjoy your leisure time.
11:30 am. Enjoy your lunch time including local fresh seafood, two dishes, and seasonal fruit prepared by local chef.
1:30 pm. Journey through the community by either tricycle or bicycle to learn the local wisdom;
- Demonstrate of weaving from natural materials.
- Learn how to make Thai southern chili paste.
- Visit the community of bird cage maker and mini boats maker.
- Learn how to preserve seafood.
- Visit Snapper nursery.
3:30 pm. Say good to Baan Laem community.
- Delicious local Breakfast and local snack or fruit
- Local seafood for your lunch
- Transportation during the tour for example tricycle and boat
- Local expert guide who will show you around their community
- All menu items subject to change based on seasonal availability