a day as a Seaside Villager, Baan Laem, Nakhon Si Thammarat (1D)
Tha Sala,Nakhon Si Thammarat ,Thailand
Active and FitCulture and ReligionHands-on Workshop
Baan Laem Homestay is a small community located in the southern of Thailand. This community surrounded by nature. Just around the corner you will see healthy ecosystem at mangrove forest where it provides shelters and food to animals. The majority of local people are fishing for their living. During your visit you will experiences life of a fisherman, get hands-on experience of building houses for crabs and fishes to preserve them. You also have the opportunity to grow mangrove forest to improve ecosystem, and have a natural mud bath to detox and treat your skin. Life at Baan Laem Homestay is simple but charming. You will feel warm welcome from local people and experience their local communities wisdom. Most importantly, Baan Laem Homestay is very famous for fresh seafood so don’t miss it!
Delicious local Breakfast and local snack or fruit
Local seafood for your lunch
Transportation during the tour for example tricycle and boat
Local expert guide who will show you around their community
All menu items subject to change based on seasonal availability
Enjoy a delicious breakfast in the middle of the ocean like a fisherman while watching flock of birds
Get fresh mud spa coming from locally
Design your own visiting to one of the local communities wisdom (Choosing from demonstration of weaving from natural materials, learning how to make Thai southern chilli paste, visiting the community of bird cage maker and mini boats maker, learning how to preserve seafood for example dry fish, visiting coastal marine nursery, or visiting house of swallow bird nest)
Enjoy your delicious local seafood prepared by local chef
Learn the simplicity but unique of local lifestyle
Be a part of Ban Laem mangrove conservationist by building houses for crabs and fishes
Experience fisherman life with a local fisherman
Help local people conserve mangrove forest by planting
Note** Please wear comfortable cloth. Get ready to have fun with swimming and doing mud spa
A Local guide and fisherman will wait for you at Banlaem Homestay mangrove forest conservation pier at 6.00 a.m. Today you will experience a fisherman's lifestyle. You will take a boat to the ocean and have a breakfast while watching flock of birds. Then time to build houses for crabs and fishes to be their nursery.
Continue your journey to island that covers with mangroves. This island is the birth place of many marine life. You will observe fisherman’s life and share experience with local fisherman. Then you will enjoy your relaxing time at the open air mud bath spa. Your local guide will take you back to the community to clean up your body and have a local drink.
Don’t miss your tasty lunch time including local fresh seafood, two dishes, and seasonal fruit prepared by local chef.
Get ready to visit one of local communities wisdom that you selected by local tricycle.
Your options are as following
- Demonstration of weaving from natural materials: People in this community have been weaving as an occupation for more than a hundreds years. At the beginning people use their weaving as a fishing equipment rather on the natural materials are weaved to be fashion products such as bags and clothes
- Learning how to make Thai southern chili paste: Learn how to make local southern chili paste from scratch. The participant can take southern chili back home.
- Visiting the community of bird cage maker and mini boats maker: For those who love wood craft don’t miss this community! You can have fun with building bird cage or mini boats. You will learn and understand difference parts of a boat.
- Learning how to preserve seafood: You will learn how local people preserve their food for example dry fish. Also you can take it as a souvenir.
- Visiting Snapper nursery: You will learn how to nursery Snapper and its life cycle.
- Visit house of swallow bird nests (500 baht will be apply as an additional cost): At House of Swallow Bird Nests you will see the lifecycle of swallow bird, and how they build their nest. You will have the opportunity to remove swallow bird nest by yourself, and see the process of cooking swallow bird nests. Yummy Time !! You can drink exotic fresh swallow bird nests made by yourself. If you are interested in this experience, please select "House of Swallow Bird Nests" at Add On section.
After finishing the activity at local communities wisdom, you will take the local tricycle to find some local dessert or fruit as your snack break.
Then time to say good bye with your local guide and heading back home with a happiness.
Preserving Local wisdom
Your travel will encourage local people to preserve their wisdom and keep their spirit.
Also your visit contributes to improve the quality of life of local people.