Do paper is used for making the famous Dong Ho folk paintings. Aside from its traditional value, Do paper gained its popularity as its durability, toughness, and delicate patterns unique to each surface.
Do paper production is still practiced in some Vietnamese villages and kept to the ancient techniques passed down through generations. However, the industrialization of paper-making posed a great threat to this traditional form of art. In order to preserve this practice, this project took the initiative to use Do in more modern products such as postcards, notebooks, and other decorative products.
In this activity, you will have chance to discover many interesting things behind this long-lasting paper craft. You will learn the beauty lying under rustic yet sophisticated woven fibers of Do paper.
- Pick-up/drop-off transportation
- Local lunch at the village
- Artisan’s guidance
- English translator
- All entrance fees
- All activities as listed in the itinerary
- Tools and materials used during the workshop
- A walking tour to get introduced to the village
- Drinking water and snack during trip
- Self made Do paper as souvenir
- VAT included
- Learning through the whole process of making Do paper from the scratch
- Working with craftsmen from the Muong ethnic minority in the North of Vietnam
- Making your own paper with creativity and decorating your work with flowers, leaves or plants
- Obtaining an insight of the livelihood of Muong ethnic minority in the North of Vietnam