A Day as a Changemaker, Khong Toei, Bangkok (1D)
Leader of the village
Nothing much but we are very proud of people to be able to welcome all tourists to visit Klong Toei.
About the trip
- Listen to the story of Khlong Toei community
- Explore the community’s lifestyle
- Participate in ‘Roi Malai Dok Mali’ activity (make jasmine garlands)
09.00 am. Meeting point MRT Queen Shirikiti convention center Exit 4. Take TUK TUK or Taxi to Duang Prateep Foundation, Khlong Toei community.
09.30 am. Arrive at the community, get warm welcome from the community’s representative. Enjoy snack and herbal drinks prepared by the locals. Listen to the story of Khlong Toei community from the representative. Explore the community’s lifestyle.
- Finish with community blog 4-5-6. Walk along the railway. Visit a furniture factory with reasonable price whose working area is on railway tracks. Get to know the locals on both sides of the railway.
- Follow by community blog 1-2-3. Explore the community and experience local lifestyle 70 rai of Pattana Community.
- Visit the local morning market and pay respect to Chao Phor Phra Pra Daeng Shrine.
12.00 pm. Lunch in the community.
01.00pm. Participate in ‘Roi Malai Dok Mali’ activity (make jasmine garlands). Making jasmine garlands is one of the community’s profession. Khlong Toei is one of the biggest flower garland producers of Bangkok. This activity offers you lesson, taught by the locals, and a chance to make your own flower garlands for you to take home as souvenirs.
02.00 pm. Enjoy snacks. Converse and discuss with the locals to promote the community.
03.00 pm. Say goodbye to Khlong Toei community at Duang Prateep Foundation. Drop off at MRT Queen Shirikiti convention center.
- Meals as listed in the itinerary ( Lunch 1 )
- English speaking guide and Local guide
- Transportation as listed in the itinerary
- Activities as listed in the itinerary
- Travel insurance
- Vat 7%
January 2018 · Brazil
I didn't know nothing about Khlong Toei before and I was positive surprised by how people have to "fight " everyday against so many things. Every single story, every single smile was so important for me, for making me understand how those people are strong and they just need more opportunities and help. Everything all guides told us was very important to see the history (numbers, attitudes, things to do, etc), but I've learned more listing people from the community and knowing better this histories, they are the "behind the numbers". Definitely my favorite tour ever in Thailand, because it was about real people. I love the tour, I really liked how we walked without rush, stopping to listen people. Storytelling is powerful and touching, so just keep telling short cuts about people from the community.
Nice community with lovely people
January 2018 · Germany
The direct contact with the locals living in Khlong Toei, learning more about their daily lives and difficulties. I liked that your tour is giving the community a face.
Great opportunity to listen the personal stories of the people in Khlong Toei!