A Day as a Changemaker, Khong Toei, Bangkok (Join Tour)
Leader of the village
Nothing much but we are very proud of people to be able to welcome all tourists to visit Klong Toei.
About the trip
- Listen to the story of Khlong Toei community
- Explore the community’s lifestyle
- Participate in ‘Roi Malai Dok Mali’ activity (make jasmine garlands)
09.00 am. Meeting point MRT Queen Shirikiti convention center Exit 4. Take TUK TUK or Taxi to Duang Prateep Foundation, Khlong Toei community.
09.30 am. Arrive at the community, get warm welcome from the community’s representative. Enjoy snack and herbal drinks prepared by the locals. Listen to the story of Khlong Toei community from the representative. Explore the community’s lifestyle.
- Finish with community blog 4-5-6. Walk along the railway. Visit a furniture factory with reasonable price whose working area is on railway tracks. Get to know the locals on both sides of the railway.
- Follow by community blog 1-2-3. Explore the community and experience local lifestyle 70 rai of Pattana Community.
- Visit the local morning market and pay respect to Chao Phor Phra Pra Daeng Shrine.
12.00 pm. Lunch in the community.
01.00pm. Participate in ‘Roi Malai Dok Mali’ activity (make jasmine garlands). Making jasmine garlands is one of the community’s profession. Khlong Toei is one of the biggest flower garland producers of Bangkok. This activity offers you lesson, taught by the locals, and a chance to make your own flower garlands for you to take home as souvenirs.
02.00 pm. Enjoy snacks. Converse and discuss with the locals to promote the community.
03.00 pm. Say goodbye to Khlong Toei community at Duang Prateep Foundation. Drop off at MRT Queen Shirikiti convention center.
- Meals as listed in the itinerary ( Lunch 1 )
- English speaking guide and Local guide
- Transportation as listed in the itinerary
- Activities as listed in the itinerary
- Travel insurance
- Vat 7%
- *Joined tour
- We reserve the right to cancel a customer's booking for a full refund in case of not enough traveler
January 2020 · Japan
Valuable experience in considering of the current situation of Asian country. It is better to visit slams by this kind of tour than by ourselves because we can contact slam residence.
November 2019 · Thailand
eye-opening lovely and kind people excitement
People in the community are so kind and nice. The perception of Klong Toey slum and 70 rai were portrayed mostly in the news and movie "sia dai" as full of drug addicts and theives and these are not true at all.
July 2019 · Australia
Unique Eye opening Humbling
This trip is special because you can understand what it’s like to live in this environment. It also helps change your perception about people from slum areas. Khun Arm was an excellent translator and guide. Kuhn Fai +Tam were gracious hosts to us.
July 2019 · Thailand
Social Impact, Learning, Connection
To learn/lead by the local guide who really live in the community and have passion in their own community development
June 2019 · United States
Great program that shows the depth of reality of those in need in Bangkok poor areas. This program helps many people.
June 2019 · Austria
June 2019 · Armenia