Day 1 (2:00 – 8:30 pm.) Afternoon Love at the First Sight Arrive at the Mae Kampong Village. Get to know your host, unpack your backpack and enjoy your leisure time at your leisure time. Try and Taste Explore the village on foot. Visit coffee and tea plantation nestled amongst placid valleys and lush green forests, owned by the locals. Coffee and tea are organically and shad grown (chemical free) here. Then take a little trek into the community forest to see a spring of the village’s stream. Get to know the natural water supply system of the village which provides year-round water to the villagers. Bird’s Eye View Café Drop by a coffee shop named “Chom Nok Chom Mai”, one of the most popular coffee shops in Chiang Mai province. From the location, you can see magnificent panoramic view of the whole village. (Water)fall in Love Take a little hike up to Mae Kampong Waterfall. Feel the natural beauty of cool flowing water and natural water sound. Take a deep breath for the fresh air, in and out, and relax. “Miang” – Chew the Sweet and Sour Visit a villager’s house and try “Miang”, fermented tea leaves as a local snack of the northern Thais. Participate in a handicraft workshop “Tea Leaf Pillows”. Create your own memorable souvenir by stuffing dry tea leaves into a small pillow and finishing it with some little decorative items.
Mae Kampong: Village in the Valley, Slow Down Or You Miss Roasted Coffee and Fermented Tea!
Mae Kampong Village is only 1 hour away from Chiang Mai. The weather is so great all year round as the village is surrounded by mountains. Here, you don’t have to rush. Just relax and appreciate a simple way of living just like people here do!
January 10, 2018 · United States
Beautiful forest and kind people
We loved walking in the jungle, seeing the temple, and getting a massage. It was an incredible experience to do this instead of just doing one of the tours that all the tourists do. It was fun to go without an English guide and try to communicate without sharing language.
March 22, 2018 · Spain
The village is beautiful and the cafe and waterfall were great. Ana is a great guide and speaks very good English so she could tell us many stories and interesting facts. Our trip curator Bic called us every day to make sure that everything was ok.
Calm village with stunning views
- 2 Meals ( 1Dinner, 1 Breakfast)
- Basic homestay accommodation prepared by your local host
- Local guides
- Service and facilitate by Local alike
- First aids
- Travel insurance
- Activity fees as mentioned in the program
- Get max of relaxation with slow life way of living and charge your energy in fresh-air ambiance
- Try coffee and tea products from the village
- Learn about growing coffee and tea under shade trees (shade-grown coffee and tea)
- Get to know about benefits of tea and taste some fermented tea leaves (Miang), a local northern Thai snack
- Explore nature by trekking along the natural trail of the community forest
- Visit Mae Kampong Waterfall
- Learn how to speak simple Northern Thai Dialect
- Taste local food cooked by your host