Day 1 (1:00pm - 8:30 pm) Afternoon First meet! Check-in to Clay House of Hloyo community, and relaxation. “Ou-Dou-Thong-ma” Learn how to speak simple words of Akha dialect e.g. “hello”, “thank you” Hands on local jobs by making brooms or puppet wood craving. Move your body up! Walk around community on the local trail that let you explore herbs, crops and local fruits End up your day with a beautiful sunset.
Hloyo Village is located on Doi Mae Salong in Chiang Rai. The Akha, a hill tribe, lives here in a very simple way. Their Thai might not be very fluent, so sometimes you need to use your body language and of course your heart when you speak with them!
Leave all the hustle and bustle behind and let’s relax. Staying in a traditional clay house, sipping hot coffee, watching a sunrise – doesn’t it sound right enough to leave everything and just come here!?
- 2 Meals ( 1 Dinner, 1 Breakfast)
- Basic homestay accommodation prepared by your local host
- Local guides, who experienced and speaking English tour guide
- Service and facilitate by Local alike
- First aids
- Travel insurance
- Activity fees as mentioned in the program
- Experience to taste hill tribe food, prepare ingredients and learn how to cook Ahka food with hosts
- Try to work on Ahka embroidery or make a bracelet from millet seeds
- Drink coffee while watching the sunrise
- Walk around community and work in the field with villagers
- Sit and chat under the sky full of stars