A Savor of Old Town, Sao Ching Cha, Bangkok (Join Tour)
About the trip
- Hop on Tuk Tuk, a local transportation.
- Learn about Thai traditional medicines.
- Experience Thai local food and special recipes.
- Walk around the old town area of Bangkok.
- Taste Thai traditional desserts and relax at Gingerbread House.
- Meet your guide at National Stadium BTS Station, Exit 2.
- Hop on the well-known public transportation, Tuk Tuk, to Sao Ching Cha, one of the city’s symbols located at the center of Bangkok.
- Visit Bamrungchat Satsana Yathai or Baan Mowaan, a Thai Apothecary Shop offering Thai traditional medicines and drugs that have been created and recreated for over four generations in the family.
- Explore the local morning market named Talad Trok Mor. This market is like a large supermarket where you can find everything here, such as fresh meats, vegetables, seafood, clothes, accessories, and ready-to-eat food stalls. Enjoy snacks and drinks along the walk.
- Stop for a quick brunch at Kao Moo Dang Sanam Luang, a food stall hidden in a narrow street. Try Kao Moo Dang (Roasted Red Pork with Rice), the signature menu that its secret recipe has been passed on for over 50 years.
- Taste an original Chinese tea at Ong Eiw Gi, an old Chinese tea shop. The owner was Hokkien who migrated from China and started this business here in Bangkok – considered as the pioneer in Chinese tea shop in Thailand.
- Arrive at Poj Spa Kar Restaurant (Cook Somdej), an old Thai cuisine restaurant that serves royal recipes created by a former chef in the royal palace.
- Walk around Sam Phraeng Neighbor, a historical area in Bangkok. Admire beautiful old architectures and try local snacks along the route.
- Enjoy Thai traditional desserts at Gingerbread House, a Thai-Western style house that was built in Gingerbread house architecture. Relax on your leisure before travel back.
Travel by a taxi back to National Stadium BTS Station safely.
- Foods and drinks as listed in the itinerary
- Transportation as mentioned in the itinerary
- Activities as listed in the itinerary
- Tour guide
- Travel insurance
- VAT 7%
- Recommend to stay in the old town area as it is more convenient to travel around, close to different attractions, and easy to find places to eat.
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes such as sneakers.
- Bring sunscreen, sunglasses, hat and umbrella.
- Avoid bringing valuable items on the trip.
- Follow the community leader’s advice during the trip.
- Subject is to be changed. If any problems occur, Local Alike will replace outdoor activities with indoor activities to provide everyone with the best authentic and meaningful experience.
- Free Local Alike water bottle limited edition
October 2019 · United States
I've been before the place of very Thai traditional food. I too enjoy the activity like local people.