Since ancient times, the early settlers usually rely on the water; either to grow their crops or to find their main source of food in the river or the sea. Water has been a part of life for decades and Tapi River is as well important for people here in Surat Thani. The main destination here is not only just Koh Samui and Koh Tao. If you take a better look of how the local people have lived throughout the years, you’ll see that there is a charm in their knowledge of taking what they have in hands and turning it into the Wisdom of Tapi River.
Here, you will be excited by how they fish and hunt for food in the fresh and saline water and how difference their cuisines is. You’ll be surprised of the things you’ll discover on this trip and it’s definitely much more than partying and snorkeling.
Body Hygiene Kit
Private service; charter boats, pop up dining (lunch at Oyster Farm, dinner at Lee Led Community)
One night accommodation room base on 2 people sharing. Family room can stay up to 4 people
Delicious local Thai food as mentioned in the program
Bottom of Rambutan white wine product from Surat Thani (1 bottom for 2-3 people share)
Friendly English speaking tour guide
All admission pass and activity fees as mentioned in the program
Private VIP air-conditioned van round-trip transfer service. Start and end at location in Surat thani City Center or Surat Thani International Airport
Boat tour at Rajjaprabha Dam
Basic travel insurance
Complimentary Thai snack, two bottoms water per day, and cold towers
Learn how the community preserves blue swimming crabs from the crab banks and fish homes
Visit La Med Community, the famous Chaiya’s salted egg factory and see the production line
See millions of fireflies that glow at night making it such a dream-like place
Romantic dinner with traditional Southern style dance show
Taste fresh marine products such as; Jumbo river prawn, Sea crab, Cockle
Visit Kum nan Sak’s Oyster Farm. See how they grow and how to catch them
Pick up at your hotel (Surat Thani City Area) or Surat Thani Airport or Ferry Samui by van.
• 09:40 hrs. Pick up at Surat Thani Airport.
• 09:00 hrs. Pick up at Rajjaprabha Dam.
• 08.30 hrs. Pick up at Klong Sok (Provided at an additional cost)
• 08.00 hrs. Pick up at Don Sak Pier (Provided at an additional cost)
Set off to Phum Riang community. Phum Riang Community.
- Learn how the community preserves blue swimming crabs from the crab banks
and fish homes
- Set off on a long tail boat to observe Phum Riang’s lifestyle
- See how the locals hunt for different types of shellfish and clams
- Plant a coconut tree on the deserted island, Koh Sed, to help the environment
- Learn to cook shrimp paste, one of the most important ingredients in the Southern cuisine
La Med Community.
- Visit the famous Chaiya’s salted egg factory and see the production line
- Visit Chaiya’s Jasmine rice field which will blossom beautifully during the harvest season
Check in at Rice Farm Villa and enjoy the scenery of a rice field.
Sightseeing the city of Surat Thani. Enjoy the beautiful traditional Southern Show with romantic pop up private dinner at Lee Led Community. Have fresh seafood meals such as; Grill Sea Crab, Grill Jumbo River Prawn, River fish Soup etc. cooked by locals.
- Go on a long tail boat to witness the beauty of millions fireflies on Phun Phin River.
Back to the hotel.
Breakfast at the hotel.
Pick up from hotel Visit Kum nan Sak’s Oyster Farm.
- Learn how to keep an oyster farm
- Collect the oysters and have a fresh taste right from the sea
Lunch at Kra Teng amongst the scenery of Gulf of Thailand.
Arrive at Bang Bai Mai Community and experience the simplicity of the life alongside Tapi River.
- Visit Pracharat Traditional Floating Market, Bang Bai Mai (opens on Sunday only)
- Get to know one of the base ingredients in Southern cooking, honey and vinaigrette made from mangrove palms
- Set off on a long tail boat to sail on a 100-path canal, see the richness of the forest, and experience the local lives on the Tapi river
- Visit cold-pressed coconut oil factory
- Sightseeing the mangrove palm natural tunnel
Back to the hotel / Surat Thani City Area / Rajjaprabha Dam / Klong Sok / Don Sak Pier / Surat Thani Airport.
Support and help local entrepreneurs and community to keep them existing
"Hello Taste Thailand" spread across six provinces including Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Phuket, Chanthaburi, Surat Thani and Ayutthaya, each of these exciting taste routes presents a new dimension of gastronomic tourism, including support and help local entrepreneurs and community to keep them existing.