Cycle away from Hoi An’s busy city center into its picturesque countryside and observe the daily life of Hoi An local people while learning about organic farming techniques.
In this trip, create your own lantern, that are infamously known to light up Hoi An old town at night. Added bonus is being able to take home the lantern as a souvenir too!
Parking on Premise
Transfer and transportation as per itinerary (Bicycle/Van)
Bottled drinking water
Material for making the lantern
Banh Xeo (local pancake) dishes demonstration
English speaking tour guide (other languages available upon request)
Picturesque bicycle ride in the countryside around Hoi An
Cycling to a workshop where you can learn how to make your own miniature Hoi An lantern
Bring home your own version of the colorful handcrafted lanterns
Meet and talk with farmers of Tra Que village and learn about their organic farming techniques
- Pick-up from hotel, hop on your bicycle and ride away from Hoi An city into the surrounding countryside.
- First stop is the lantern-making workshop where you will get a brief introduction of the history of the lanterns before making your own.
- Keep cycling to Tra Que herb village around 3km.
- Take a short stroll around the vegetable garden and listen to history of the village and information about the plants grown there.
- Join the farmers to do some gardening activities.
- Enjoy foot soaking before having family style lunch/dinner at a local family’s place.
- You also have a chance to challenge your cooking experience by making “Bánh Xèo”.
- Back to your hotel after lunch/dinner by Van.
Support Local Farmers
This tour program supports local farmers by supplementing their earnings from farming activities with earnings from tourism activities. Part of the fee goes to the community fund of the farmers.