Baan Sam Chong Nuer Community, Phang Nga (2D1N)
About the trip
- Observe the culture of local fishing communities
- Hop into a canoe and observe the mangrove forest ecosystem
- Participate in a tie-dyeing activity / Shrimp paste making demonstration
- Pick up and drop off service is excluded, add-on service available
- Professional english guide is excluded, add-on service available
Late morning: Meet at Baan Sam Chong Nuer and listen to the story of the community and recommended practices. Then, hop into a kayak or a canoe, observing the mangrove forest ecosystem as you paddle along.
12:00 pm Lunch.
1:00 pm Adventure through the swamps and mangrove forests of Phang Nga while helping to afforest the area. There is also time to check out the local’s fish farming practices that use floating baskets, as well as visit a fresh oyster farm (with tasting, of course!)
16:00 pm Participate in a tie-dyeing activity / Shrimp paste making demonstration.
18:00 pm Dinner and rest in a community homestay.
Have a leisurely breakfast or (for the second option) head straight out on a boat tour to catch the first light of the day, with the glowing sun rising above the limestone cliffs of Phang Nga Bay.
Late morning: Jump on a long-tail boat (‘Hua Tong’ boat) and observe the beauty of Phang Nga Bay. On the way, you’ll stop off at Petch Pakarang Cave, where you can walk up to the highest point for a bird’s-eye view. The scenery of Khao Phing Kan, Khao Tapu, Lod Cave, and Punyee Island is truly mesmerizing! It will be an unforgettable memory of your trip before you back home.
- Activities as listed in the itinerary
- One night accommodation
- Local guides (Thai language only)
- 3 Meals (1 Lunch, 1 Dinner, 1 Breakfast)
- Travel insurance