In this tour, you will be travelling through the remote areas in the north of Vietnam, brushing along the Chinese border and staying with local families to understand their unique cultures and customs. The tour starts from Hanoi with English speaking guide and continues into the wild and rugged landscapes of Cao Bang to visit the most spectacular Ban Gioc waterfall in Vietnam.
Ban Gioc is a collective name for two waterfalls on the Quây Sơn River that straddle the international border between China and Vietnam. Over thousands of years the waterfall has eroded its crest and slowly moved upstream. It appears to be two waterfalls most of the time but when the river is swollen due to summer rains, it can form into one waterfall again.
Then you will be taken to the vast lakes and chalky karsts of Ba Be National Park, which is located in Bac Kan Province about 240km from Hanoi. The Park covers more than 23,000 hectares and is a home to natural beauties like waterfalls, rivers, deep valleys, lakes and caves set amid towering peaks. It is also a home to many ethnic minority communities. Ba Be is also the name of the largest natural freshwater lake in Vietnam with exceptional biodiversity including a population of langurs, over 200 birds and 350 butterfly species, geological treasures, and mature primary limestone forests. Ba Be Lake is in fact three lakes linked by wide channels of about 8km long and 400m wide. The surface is always calm, making a boat trip a peaceful experience.
- A/C transfer
- Accommodation (2 nights)
- Experienced English speaking guide
- Meals as stated in the itinerary
- All activities as indicated in the itinerary
- A visit to historical sites on the way including Chi Lang, Mother’s Temple & Dong Khe
- Stay in a homestay in an ethnic village of Tay people
- See the Ban Gioc Waterfall and Ba Be Lake in Ba Be national park
- Trek through Ba Be national park and learn about its diverse flora and fauna
- Cave exploration at Puong Cave and Nguom Ngao Cave