9.15 a.m. Meet at our meeting point: Airport / the bus station / hotels in town and get on a VIP van. 9.45 a.m. Have breakfast at Lert Rot Kai Kata, the best place for breakfast in Sakon Nakhon. Enjoy a variety of local dishes such as Vietnamese pan-fried egg and Vietnamese noodle soup. 10.30 a.m. Go to Nong San Village. 11.30 a.m. Arrive at Nong San Village. Greet the hosts and leave baggage in your room. Get on a farm tractor to explore the village. 11.45 a.m. Arrive at Sommanas Farm. Meet Auntie Aoy, the farm owner who runs the farm with the Philosophy of Sufficiency Economy.
With the cooperation of Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), memorable trips of the King’s Wisdom for Sustainable Tourism Project were presented. Nong San is a small village in Kok Phu Sub-district, Phu Phan District surrounded by Phu Phan Mountains. Learn how Nong San people live a simple life and explore the beauty of their tradition and culture throughout the trip.
July 29, 2018 · Japan
Experience of rice planting! Although Japan is also a rice country, it was my first experience to do it myself in my life.
Once in a lifetime experience in a real indigo country. All activities are not what to be prepared for tourists, but what to be done by people everyday.
- 2 day 1 night activities
- 6 meals
- Homestay for 1 night
- VIP van (9 seats)
- Transportation provided in the program
- Travel insurance
- Live like a local Thai farmer and learn the true 'Esan' way of life
- Fill-up your tummy with the legendary hot and spicy 'Somtum' a.k.a 'Papaya Pok-Pok', one of the Thai food treasures, originated from the Northeastern highlands
- Visit Phu Phan Royal Development Study Centre under the Royal Initiative of HM King Rama 9, where experiments and research have been conducted to enhance conventional agricultural methods
- Hop on 'E-Tak' or the farmer's tractor to get around the village!
- Acquire the mastery of indigo dyeing